mo shea
Level 1
Level 1
5 Replies 5

mo shea
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for missing out on the text.

The problem is that the isdn line connected to my 1600 router via modem keeps on disconnecting after 1,2,3 or sometimes 22 seconds.

The router is connected o the firewall directly, all traffic passes through the firewall.The setup has been working fine for almost 3 years.

I tried copying the run-config file to a 2600 router with isdn module but got lots of invalid markers, guess many changes has occured form IOS 11.2 on the 1600 to 12.2 on the 2600.

I want to configure the 2600 from the scratch but the problem is that the chap password appears to be encrypted, although no service pass-encryp is there

Is there a way to recover this password or atleast make it appear as plain text when i type show run command on my 1600 router.

Thanx

Hi

When migrating from 1600 to 2600 the slot,port number wil differ since the bri card installed in 2600 may not be on the same port as of 1600.

so try to chek up whts the exact port number being displayed in 2600 for isdn bri port .

issue show ip int brief in the cli and chek the bri port number,then copy the running config of ur 1600 and alter the same accordingly.

once ur thru with altering then paste the same in

revert back if u face any difficulties after doing the same..

regd

Thanx for the help. I configured the 2600 router from the scratch and the ISDN line worked. The problem seems to have been a faulty isdn interface

Got one more question though

Is it normal for DDR to connect and disconnect several times before maintaining a steady connection with the ISP, because this is what happens on the new router.

Thanx

hi

from my personal exp if u hve configured all ur config paramaters as well if ur line is perfect keeping the SP sides availability to establish the connection it shuld connect in single shot.

btw do u face any issues once after its connected ?

regds

Hi....

Actually once it connects after about 6 or 7 tries, the connection never fails.

Anyway we will be switching to an ATM connection in a month's time, hope the ISDn will hold until then

Thanx