cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Measure individual T1 latency in MLPPP bundle

bennettba
Level 1
Level 1

we have recently put in some 2xT1 MLPPP links to replace existing FR links. In most cases, telco provides us with identical circuit paths for each T1 in the bundle. On this particular MLPPP bundle, we requested diverse paths for each T1 in the bundle. As such, each T1 is diverse in both path and telco loop.

We have noticed that latency across this MLPPP link is almost indentical to the frame links and we feel that the point-to-point circuits should have lower latency than the FR links based on the FR circuits' cumulative path through the frame cloud (coast to coast).

Because these T1s are diverse, I understand that latency across the MLPPP interface is measured as the average of the latency across both T1s, as packets are load balanced between the 2 Ts in the bundle.

I could take down each T1 and measure latency across the single T, but is there any way to see the individual stats (latency included) on the T1s while both Ts are operational on the bundle? This bundle terminates on a FlexWan card on a 6509 running IOS

Thanks for the help!!

1 Reply 1

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

I think you can try out disconnecting one link and try ping to find the latency and then connect the other find on the other ,

You can use ping or other tools like sniffer pro for this.