cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple internet access routes.

decore
Level 1
Level 1

I have a remote site connected to headquarters via a poin to point T1. This allows them to have internet access through our internet connection.

I also have a dsl line at that location for backup should the T1 go down. Between the two local routers I have hsrp running and the one on the dsl line is idle. On my dsl service I have multiple ip addresses to use. I setup a 506e pix on that line as a secondary internet connection to be used locally, in the event the primary inernet connection goes down.

How do I route internet traffic to this new pix, in the event that only our internet connection goes down at headquarters and not our point to point connection?

Any advice would be appreciated..

2 Replies 2

nikhil_m
Level 1
Level 1

Any update on this ?

Just an idea

Run OSPF across the 3 routers. At the head office, have a default-information originate to propagate the default route. Have a default static route on the DSL router at the remote, but with a higher administrative distance (than OSPF)?. When the internet access goes at the head office, the default route disappears, and traffic at the remote falls to the DSL.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card