cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My ANIServer won't start on a new install.

iswift
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My ANI Server has a majotr problem on an LMS 2.2 new install.

pdshow gives a status of Failed to Start and aniserver.log has the following repeated entries :

!

! See attachments as text too large to open thread.

!

Steps taken so far :-

1. Originally network discovery was limited to 3 devices so decided to do a new discovery, delelted devices and set off rediscovery.

2. Still only 3 devices seen, but in Unconnected Devices, not in Layer 2 view. (I suspect customer DNS config, but I'd be happy discovering via IP for now)

3. Decided to wipe the db, but reinitdb fails to run complaining of being unable to login to the SQL db.

"JZ00L: Login failed. Examine the SQLWarnings chained to this exception for the reason(s)."

4. When this failed I stopped the services and manually reinitialisd the db's by copying all the .dborig files from all of the xxxx\db\orig directories to their parent directories and renaming them accordingly.

Things seem to be going from bad to worse, any suggestions as to a what may be at fault, or way out of this fine mess ?

Ian.

2 Replies 2

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

Going by your error message, you seem to be running into bug CSCdz16714. As per the release notes, you need to wait for the ANI to be completely up before the RME sync is performed. Guess, that should solve your prob.

Many thanks,

I have solved my issue.

I performed a

reinitdb.pl -restore

and the processes all seem to run fine now.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card