cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT, Address pool and Access control lists

dmalamba
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a nat on my 2610 router for our internet connection and i have defined a dynamic nat pool of 4 global ip addresses. My problem is only 4 wkstations are connected at a time and I have to clear ip nat translations to allow other users to access the internet. How can I configure my router so that all wkstations are able access the internet concurently?

2 Replies 2

mberrocal
Level 1
Level 1

if you sent you ip nat config, I could tell you what to change exactly. But I think what you've missing the overload parameter, it goes like this:

ip nat inside source list 7 pool POOLNAME overload

The following are my router configuration

router rip

version 2

no validate-update-source

redistribute connected

network 10.0.0.0

network 62.0.0.0

network 192.168.10.0

network 192.168.30.0

network 192.168.100.0

network 192.168.240.0

neighbor 10.10.10.1

ip nat pool X.X.X.80 X.X.X.83 prefix-length 24

ip nat inside source list 7 pool Internet_Access

ip classless

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.10.10.1

!

access-list 7 permit X.X.X.0 0.0.0.200

dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

dialer-list 1 protocol ipx permit

And sometimes what happens is that i am unable to browse the outside websited except those that are directly connected to my isp. And I tend to wonder whether my routing configuration are some how wrong or whether my isp is getting it wring. But my isp has a static routing protocol directing all the traffic to my network number and the configuration is like this

ip route (my_network_number netmusk MY_router_internet_Interface) interface)

but when I involked the command u advised, it worked for multiple concurrent connections. I dont know how to go about the other problems

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card