Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT with Cisco 2621

bchemin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco 2621 running with IOS 12.0(7)XK1 with 32Mo of memory. There are two fast ethernet interfaces on this router (LAN to LAN).

I have 245 static NAT and ip inspect configured on the two fast ethernet interfaces.

Regularly we have CPU Hog syslog messages and lots of drops on the two fast ethernet interfaces.

Is this router correctly fit with that kind of configuration (NAT + IP Inspect) ?

Should I install a pix instead of this router ?

Regards.

2 Replies 2

st_kannan
Level 1
Level 1

It is better you go ahead with PIX.

Before that, it is better to enable the debug ip Nat detail and find out the exact cause for droppings.

For your information, the NAT session limit is bounded by the amount of available DRAM in the router. Each NAT translation consumes about 160 bytes in DRAM. As a result, 10,000 translations (more than would generally be handled on a single router) would consume about 1.6MB.So I hope NAT won’t a problem in your case.

In case of TCP Intercept by default each alarm will consume 32 KB of memory.

Regards,

KANNAN.S.T.

tuffguy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to implement same topology can you send me your running configuration file pls, below is my case if you help me really appreciated

thanx

the situation:There is an Alcatel modem for internet and mail and web server and it is not a router and no support for rip if you check the topology that I attached for the case? Alcatel is forwarding all mail packets from tcp ports 25 and 110 to 10.0.0.1 mail server.Also it is forwarding tcp port 80 requests to 10.0.0.3 web server.There is only one real adress 212.x.x.x on alcatel modem.

* CONTACT NAME: Gürkan sular

* CONTACT PHONE NUMBER:00902165229898

* CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS: gsular@yahoo.com

* CONTRACT #: ????

* SERIAL #: SHN02212511

* PRODUCT TYPE (Model Number): cisco 2610 (MPC860)

* SOFTWARE VERSION: Version 12.2(10b)

* COMPANY NAME: nextiraone turkey

* EQUIPMENT LOCATION (Address): istanbul

we want to put cisco router directly behind to adsl modem from ethernet.

Questions:

Can I use stright or cross cable in this case?

And Can cisco 2600 router can route tcp port 25 and 110 to some nonroutable IP address 10.0.0.1 mail server inside? also port 80 to 10.0.0.2 web server.Because I checked all commands related with it I could not find any like ip nat 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 tcp 25 10.0.0.3

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card