cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NBAR and QOS

jangeja
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to QOS and testing out the NBAR features. I have 12.2(16) loaded and I am trying to block kazaa2 I have the PDLM loaded but the traffic is still coming through. Can someone please advise me on what I am missing in my config below. I have elimited any irrelevant info in the config. I am under the impression I just need to identify the traffic via a class map and then shape the traffic with a policy and then apply that policy to the interface. What am I missing? thanks

version 12.2

service password-encryption

ip nbar pdlm flash:kazaa2.pdlm

ip cef

class-map match-any kazaa2

match protocol kazaa2

match protocol fasttrack

policy-map mykazaapolicy

description used to Block all kazaa traffic

class kazaa2

police 8000 8000 8000 conform-action drop exceed-action drop violate-action drop

interface Ethernet0/0

ip address 10.10.11.2 255.255.255.0

ip broadcast-address 10.10.11.255

ip nbar protocol-discovery

service-policy input mykazaapolicy

interface Ethernet0/1

ip address 10.10.12.1 255.255.255.0

ip broadcast-address 10.10.12.255

ip nbar protocol-discovery

service-policy input mykazaapolicy

service-policy output mykazaapolicy

4 Replies 4

sdbell
Level 1
Level 1

I had the exact same issue. You need a "T" train of IOS. Look for 12.2(15)T1 for your router. Using the Software Finder on Cisco's site, look for the feature called NBAR Real-time Transport Protocol Payload Classification. Without this it won't classify KaZaA2 traffic. With it it does. Since this morning I have this IOS version loaded on my 7206VXR, and it is now classifying KaZaA.

Thanks that is exactly what I was looking for. I spent about 5 hours beating my head against the wall. Thanks again

almetcousins
Level 1
Level 1

Before upgrading your IOS try with:

match protocol kazaa2 file-transfer "*"

match protocol fasttrack file-transfer "*"

on the class-map definition. This will put a wildcard and thus match all file transfers.

Hope this help

Thanks for your response...I tried this but with no luck so I used a IOS (T) version and it works now. Thanks