cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need help with policy routing

mrmorgan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3700 router. I simply want to redirect all incoming packets on port 1 (int fast 0/1: 192.168.1.6 255.255.255.0) and send them back out port 0 (int fast 0/0: 192.168.2.3 255.255.255.0).

I have been using the steps in "policy routing" but no ip forwarding is occuring. After I am into global I type the following:

"route-map permit"

"set default interface fast 0/0"

"int fast 0/1" (now in config-if mode)

"ip policy route-map permit"

Then I back out and attempt to ping my new outbound port 0 by comming in thru port 1 but there not talking. Any help would be great.

5 Replies 5

rais
Level 7
Level 7

Instead of set default interface, try set interface fast0/0.

route-map forward2Int permit 10

set interface fast0/0

HTH

well that didn't work. I still not getting packet forwarding. I am still getting "destination host unreachable" when trying to ping each port when I am attempting to forward through the other port. Pinging each port from outside the router is just fine. Back to the drawing board.

What is that you are trying to achive. Do you have another router outside that interface? What does debug ICMP show when you ping from outside to one of the router interfaces?

Thanks.

Sorry it took so long to get back to ya.

I hope I can expalin properly. I have a pc running a WAN emlator between two cisco 3700's. This pc is using WinXP so I can bridge both the Nic's for IP forwarding...no problem here, it works fine.

A laptop on top of each router plugged into the serial port just to interface with the router.

With the router in question I have inbound port fast0/0 from the WAN emulator PC...again no prob. here. I want traffic to pass from port fast0/0 to be forwarded outbound to port fast0/1 which is plugged into a Dell power edge server....via a switch...since I didn't have any more crossover cable.

Either interface will not pass traffic to or from each other. Both of these ports are on different subnnets & ip's because the router wouldn't allow me to assign both ports on the same subnet.

You dont seem to need ip policing here.

If you have 'ip routing' command in config, the router should pass traffic out ofthe box. May be you have access-lists configured on your PCs.

HTH