cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need info of Cosco's switch 2948G.

arunelr
Level 1
Level 1

my task is to manage cisco's 2948G switch using our Network Management System.I have decided to use "CISCO-STACK-MIB" for this purpose.Is my assumption correct?Switch has 48 10/100Mbps ports and 2 modular GigaEthernet ports with GBIC.But it does not tell anything about number of chassis,modules.There are specific cisco mibs for some switches.But i could not find one for this switch.Can i use CISCO-STACK-MIB and if yes what will be the number of modules,slots.Kindly analyse and reply me.Moreover which switch can be used so that i can achieve both Gigabit Ethernet speed and VLAN provisioning?

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

The objectds related to chassis info in the Stack MIB are:

chassisBkplType, chassisNumSlots, chassisSlotConfig, chassisModel, chassisSerialNumberString

Dear mushtaq

Thanks for ur reply.But i know these parameters are present in CISCO-STACK-MIB.But i need the exact value of them.Product overview and switch configuration of 2948g switch does not say anything about its chassis,modules.What i want to know is how many chassis,modules,slots are present in this switch?the document says "it is a fixed configuration switch with 48 10/100BaseT ports and two modular gigabit Ethernet ports with GBIC.Kindly analyse and tell me.Eagerly waiting to kickoff my task

I just need the following hierarchy info of Cisco 2948g switch.Please tell me the number of components in each

Chassis

|-->Slot

|-->Module

|-->Port

As per my knowledge,it has 48 ports of "fixed configuration" and two ports with GBIC interface.how are they arranged ?if it is fixed configuartion ,then there is no modules,slots??

When i populate the data in CISCO-STACK-MIB,

1)Should the value of "portModuleIndex" in the MIB be "1" for all 50 ports??

2)Should the value of "portIndex" be 1,2,3...50 for the ports?

3)What should be the value of "moduleIndex"?

Kindly load the CISCO-STACK-MIB available at ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/wsc2948g/wsc2948g-supportlist.html

analyse and help me.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card