cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Net Scout

jonathan.clowes
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing some problems logging into my netscout software v1.2 supplied with my Cisco Switch probe. I have followed all the instructions for installation to the letter but I am unable to log in, the application tells me it cannot find the server. Any ideas ?

7 Replies 7

sknorr
Level 1
Level 1

Check to make sure that you are using the right IP and TCP port. Ex. http://X.X.X.X:8080

Also check to see that the nGenius service started correctly on the server. Change this service to start manually. After booting your server it's better to wait a few minutes before starting that service, it can kill your CPU

I have teseted that also but no joy.

Have you changed the host name of the box ? It may still be trying to contact the inbuilt sybase db via the "old" host name ?

The Server is a clean build no hostname changed. The switch probe name has not changed also.

Hello,

Are we talking problems logging into RTM or from RTM to the switch probe? Sorry I am not sure what you having problems with...

Jim

Logging into RTM, on the rare occasion I am able to log in I can connect to the probe fine.

Hello,

Try stopping/starting the RTM service again..Also they have a 1.3 RTM version out. I had problems also with the Java plug in on 1.2 and when I went to 1.3 it worked fine...

Jim