cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Cat500 Express POE Switch

peter.rowe
Level 1
Level 1

The web interface on this will not allow me to natively assign a port to the Cisco-Voice vlan (VLAN2) - how do I force a port to VLAN2 - this will be required for an ip phone system/server such as CallManager, so this is a major problem!!

Thanks

please note these switches have no console port / Telnet access , they are not the same as other Cisco switches!

3 Replies 3

rhugo
Level 3
Level 3

I feel your pain! I have the EXACT same issue this morning. Going to call TAC. I tried setting to Smart-port type Router and Smart-port type Other. NO LUCK! Anyone have any ideas before I call TAC??

I have just now configured all the ports that have IP phones connected to them as SWITCH, this should allow the trunk to the IP phone, but god only knows what will happen to the QoS.

I just do not know what the hell Cisco are playing at here.

I have 2 distributors looking into the problem and they are getting diddly squat back from Cisco except nonsence.

please let me know if you have any joy from TAC!

thanks,

p.

I can confirm if you set the Smartport type to "SWITCH" and put the native VLAN to 1, then it does indeed use 802.1q trunk to the IP phone, setting my IP phones to VLAN3 and natively setting VLAN3 on the IP Phonesystem, with port mode set to SERVER and TRUSTED seems to communicate at least, but it's far from ideal!

Hopefully your ip phones will work (in this case I'm using Mitel IP phones and a 3300 ICP)

If anyone knows a way/backdoor so you can actually telnet or SSH to the IOS and bypass the cr*ppy Web interface, i'd really like to know!

cheers,

Peter.