Views
Helpful
Replies

no connectivity from multi vlan port on C2924XL

dmh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have got a problem getting a multi vlan port to work properly on a C2924XL (IOS 12.0(5)XU). I often experience loss of connectivity between the server ONE plugged into that multi vlan port (#1) and other servers plugged into the single vlan ports (so far all on vlan 1, nothing is plugged into the vlan 2 ports yet). The switch is not connected to other switches, no trunking is enabled.

Perhaps someone is able to help.

The layout is such:

Port#1 is set up for vlan 1 and 2, all other ports are set up for vlan 1 or 2 only.

interface FastEthernet0/1

description ONE

switchport multi vlan 1,2

switchport mode multi

spanning-tree portfast

vlan 1 and 2 are setup:

VLAN ISL Id: 1

Name: default

Media Type: Ethernet

VLAN 802.10 Id: 100001

State: Operational

MTU: 1500

Translational Bridged VLAN: 1002

Translational Bridged VLAN: 1003

VLAN ISL Id: 2

Name: PLC-LAN

Media Type: Ethernet

VLAN 802.10 Id: 100002

State: Operational

MTU: 1500

When I boot the servers more often than not the server ONE is only able to connect(ping/telnet) to the switch, not to the other servers. At the same time the switch is able to ping all servers, including ONE. When I plug the server ONE into any

other port I have instant connectivity to the other servers.

Has anyone an idea what is going wrong?

Thanks a lot

Dorothea

1 Reply 1

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Often times complex troubleshooting issues are best addressed in an interactive session with one of our trained technical assistance engineers. While other forum users may be able to help, it’s often difficult to do so for this type of issue.

To utilize the resources at our Technical Assistance Center, please visit http://www.cisco.com/tac and to open a case with one of our TAC engineers, visit http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.