Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OMP Redistribution to BGP

Hi,

I want to redistribute OMP routes to BGP, i have the doubt if all of the OMP prefixes located in the local vEdge will be redistributed to BGP or just the connected+static networks located in the vEdge.

Also how can i restrict some OMP prefixes to be redistributed to BGP.

2 Replies 2

Hi @LeonardoFernandez5618 ,

As far as I know, there's still no route filtering mechanism to advertise/redistribute OMP into BGP (or any other IGP Routing) so far in Viptela SDWAN. However, you may want to try "aggregate-only" or "network" option to advertise specific network or summary prefix so that you can reduce/minimize your routing table:

"The bgpconnectedospf, and static options advertise all learned or configured routes of that type to OMP. To advertise a specific route instead of advertising all routes for a protocol, use the network option, specific the prefix of the route to advertise.

For individual VPNs, you can aggregate routes from the specified prefix before advertising them into OMP. By default, the aggregated prefixes and all individual prefixes are advertised. To advertise only the aggregated prefix, include the aggregate-only option."

Otherwise, you can perform inbound filtering on your BGP neighbor.

Reference: https://sdwan-docs.cisco.com/Product_Documentation/Software_Features/Release_17.2/03Routing/02Configuring_OMP

dasiimwe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Leonardo,

You can use a localized control policy to limit the prefixes when redistributing.

let's say you want to advertise only the 2.2.0.0/16 prefix into BGP

1. Create a prefix-list
(config)# policy lists prefix-list prefix22 ip-prefix 2.2.0.0/16 le 32

2. Create a route-policy
(config)# policy route-policy omp2bgp
(config-route-policy-omp2bgp)#sequence 10 match address prefix22 /* you can also match omp-tag
// set the action and default-action
(config-sequence-10)# action accept
(config-route-policy-omp2bgp)# default-action reject

3. redistribute omp into BGP using the route policy

vedge(config)# vpn 0 router bgp 1 address-family ipv4-unicast redistribute omp route-policy omp2bgp

ref: https://sdwan-docs.cisco.com/Product_Documentation/Software_Features/Release_17.2/06Policy_Basics/03Localized_Control_Policy/Configuring_Localized_Control_Policy