cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 515e, Cisco 3000 Concentrator, Cisco 2600 Router.

fern
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PIX firewall 515e (all workstation default gateway), Cisco 3000 Concentrator(VPN Site-to-Site Tunnel), Cisco 2600 Router(Internet Gateway). I have problem when LAN workstations are using Firewall as default gateway, they are not able to get the connection to VPN Site, manual

Static Route will have to be added thru cmd on each workstation in order to get the Concentrator Site connectivity. If Cisco Concentrator is use as default gateway on LAN Workstation, then VPN Site Connectivity is fine, but Internet Browsing is fail. How can I setup to get both Internet Browsing and VPN Site Connectivity at the same time on LAN Workstation?

2 Replies 2

aashish.c
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

as per this issue, i believe that private int. of VPN conc. is connected to inside int. of PIX and Public int. of VPN Conc. is connected to outside int. of PIX.

You can connect the private int. of VPN conc. to DMZ of PIX and make a route on PIX which will transfer the VPN traffic to DMZ int and inturn to VPN conc.. By this you can use the default gateway of workstations as inside of PIX itself.

kindly update for further queries.

regards

aashish C

Hi,

Was delay cos waiting for the DMZ delivery. Do I need a different segment for the setup? Do I have to separate the PIX private and DMZ into different LAN segment?

Your info is very much needed.

Thanks.

Fern.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card