Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy-routing on 3550 12T

flreize
Level 1
Level 1

IOS used: c3550-i5q3l2-mz.121-22.EA3.bin

I try to policy-route packets coming from a certain source (160.160.160.0/24)to a next-hop ip address:

route-map from_server permit 10

match ip address 160

set ip next-hop 192.168.1.1

access-list 160 permit ip 160.160.160.0 0.0.0.255 any

interface GigabitEthernet0/1

ip policy route-map from_server

The next-hop IP is in the routing table, nevertheless the packets matched with ACL 160 are not policy-routed.

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Florian

6 Replies 6

Hello Florian,

is GigabitEthernet0/1 the inbound interface on your switch, as in the schematic drawing below ?

Network 160.160.160.0/24 --> GigabitEthernet0/1 --> Outgoing interface

Keep in mind that the route-map must be applied to the inbound interface, that is in your case the first interface that network 160.160.160.0 hits...

Regards,

GP

GP

Your schematic drawing is correct and I have

applied the route-map to the inbound interface as you mentioned.

Thanks

Florian

Hello Florian,

can you post the full configuration of the 3550 ? Maybe something else is not quite right...

Regards,

GP

Hi GP,

I have another service-policy on the ingress interface that is actually marking dscp based on different source addresses. Could it be that this policy is somehow affecting the policy-route attached to the same ingress interface?

The rest is just standard. I will try to post the config in the next update.

Thanks for your help.

Florian

You probably need to do this to get PBR to work:

You must modify the SDM template to enable the switch to support the 144-bit Layer 3 TCAM. Use

the sdm prefer extended-match, sdm prefer access extended-match, or the sdm prefer routing

extended-match global configuration commands to reformat the TCAM space allocated to unicast

routing in the default, access, or routing template, respectively. Reformatting the unicast routing

TCAM reduces by half the number of supported unicast routes in the template.

This is from the configuration guide for the 3550.

Hi all

Thanks for your posts, I have finally found the problem.

The next-hop IP was not a directly connected , it was another IP address (loopback) of the neighbor router I was "next-hopping" to. This address was announced via BGP.

Nevertheless, the policy-routing with a next-hop setting only seems to work if this next-hop IP address is directly connected.

Thanks

Florian

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card