Views
Helpful
Replies

prevent vlan50;60

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

HI ALL

We have a network with core;dist;access.EIGRP IS The routing protocol;each dist has connectivity(ETHER) to the CORE each location has an explecit route to the every poosible subnet.i dont want to see the route from vlan 50,60 in routing table of the maintenance DIST-switch & showroom-dist switch.PS Have a look to the topology

10xs

Ali

5 Replies 5

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Ali,

Do you have int vlan 50 and 60 configured on maintenance DIST-switch & showroom-dist switch OR are the routes for vlan 50 and 60 are learned on these switches from somewhere else?

Regards,

Ankur

hi ankur 10xs for ur reply

routes for vlan 50 and 60 are learned on these switches from somewhere.this is on general.i need only the principe of this issue!as u mentioned to me in another post,i want to test this command if it is useful:

router EIGRP 1

Passive interfave vlan 50

Passive interfave vlan 60

10xs

ali

hi ali,,,

i think by using this command u will only receive update on this interface but u r interface will not send any information...

regards

Devang

Hi Ali,

The concept is if you have these interfaces present on your 2 dist switches then you can prevent these interfaces to advertise out anything if you configure passive interface for those interfaces.

If you do not have interface vlan 50 and 60 configured on your 2 distribution switches then this command will not be of any help. This command will not let your distribution switch to from a neighbor for vlan 50 and 60 if you have these interfaces configured on your 2 distribution switch.

But if you want the route for vlan 50 and 60 which are learned on your 2 distribution switch from somewhere else on your dist switches then you can configure "distribute list" to filter the routes for vlan 50 and vlan 60 to be learned on the dist switch.

Have a look at this link to learn about distribute list to filer routes

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fipr_c/ipcprt2/1cfindep.htm#wp1001343

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

HiAnkur,,,

can u clear me this senario...and abouve solution

regards

Devang

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card