cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem accessing VSM using http - Cat 3500XL - Revised

rodger.miles
Level 1
Level 1

This was originally referenced in April, 2002, but I don't see an answer to that thread. I am running IE V5.5 (SP2) on a Win2K workstation with all patches and SP2. I am trying to use VSM to manage Catalyst 3548 XLs and 3524 PWR XLs. I have updated the browser as described in the IOS Desktop Switching Software Configuration Guide (Several times) for IE V5 and I have Java RE V1.3.1 installed.

I am able to Connect to a switch and as long as I keep supplying the password. The problem is that I must provide the password many many times to get the information.

I have not had VSM working before, although I have tried to configure it on workstations before. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

6 Replies 6

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Have you tried Netscape instead of IE?

It's much faster and it works (4.79) with no problem.

Btw, after IE upgrade from 5.0 to 5.5 it doesn't work at all on my PC.

Regards,

Milan

I have tried Netscape (4.79) on my WinXP system, but have the same problem. Browser is constantly asking for the password. I have checked the Java settings and see that they are already set by default. I will try Nescape on my Win2K system and see if it works there.

Thanks,

Rodger

What IOS version are you using?

I remember similar problem with some older IOS version.

Regards,

Milan

- Version 12.0(5)XU -

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software

IOS (tm) C3500XL Software (C3500XL-C3H2S-M), Version 12.0(5)XU, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

o

o

o

System image file is "flash:c3500XL-c3h2s-mz-120.5-XU.bin"

Thanks, Rodger

Try to upgrade to 12.0(5)WC5a. I'm using it with no problem. Additionaly it supports BPDU guard which may be very useful.

Regards,

Milan

Another tip:

I'm using the international (Sun) version of Java plug-in (I'm using the national version of MS Windows 2000).

Regards,

Milan

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card