Views
Helpful
Replies

Putty freezes copying a running-config

support-noc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have two identical catalyst 3750 switches, one is in production, the other is brand new. Both have the same software versions installed on them. I copied the running-config off of the switch that is live on our network and saved it onto a tftp server. When I Putty into the new switch from the tftp server and try to copy the config onto the new switch, putty freezes and I need to do a factory reset on the new switch.

I tried three different running-config files from three different 3750s. Two of the config files were giving "invalid input detected" errors but the running-config files are obviously working just fine on the original switches that are already on our network.

Does anyone have any suggestions or workarounds to get a config copied onto the new switch?

Also, I did try to install the config as a text file and am running into the same issue..

Thanks guys!

2 Replies 2

yalbikaw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
hello :)

try to copy from tftp to a file name it anything

then
copy <file_name> runn
see if it works like this way.

I'll see if I can do that, I need to do a factory reset and start over again first. Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: