Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS between Cisco 76k, ASR9k and Juniper MX960

glakovski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am in the middle of creating a new QoS design strategy for a MPLS network with ASR9k Core and 76k and Juniper PE routers.

I have some doubts and I face some problems finding enough information about the integration of the new ASR9k and 76k devices. I don't have much experience with IOS-XR and QoS on such devices is something completely new for me.

I would like to continue using output policy-map for the P-PE, PE-P links, but I can't find any examples. The current QoS configuration includes a simple concept with several classes in which I am matching "experimental topmost" and "dscp"

policy-map qOUT_10G

class GOLD_PQ

police 1500000000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

priority

class GOLD_NQ

bandwidth percent 10

class SILVER

bandwidth percent 20

class BRONZE

bandwidth percent 5

class SCAV

bandwidth percent 14

random-detect dscp-based aggregate

random-detect dscp values 16 minimum-thresh 1000 maximum-thresh 5000 mark-prob 1

random-detect dscp values 18 minimum-thresh 1000maximum-thresh 5000 mark-prob 1

class class-default

bandwidth percent 20

random-detect dscp-based aggregate

random-detect dscp values 0 minimum-thresh 15000 maximum-thresh 25000 mark-prob 1

I translated the configuration to the new IOS-XR, but as far I now ASR9k uses MDRR, which is different from the normal CBWFQ concept on 76k devices.

I will make some compatibility tests next days, but I will appreciate any suggestions and hints for QoS between these two type of devices (and maybe Juniper MX960), because I don't want to have different behaviour for traffic although the bandwidth values are the same for all classes in the policy-map. I would like to achieve similar functionality and traffic treatment on both sides - ASR9k and 76k. This is very important and there will be a transition period of exchanging the 76k from the MPLS core to ASR9k.

Please send any pieces of advice.

BR,

Georgi

1 Reply 1

DIEGO ZORRILLA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Georgi