cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS

networking
Level 1
Level 1

how do i enable Qos for balancing load when the percentage of traffic on a particular interface increases to more than 70 %

6 Replies 6

donewald
Level 6
Level 6

In what application are you trying to do this? ISDN Multilink (bringing up more BRIs when load % is met)? or are you trying to load balance something else when this 70% occurs. Can you be more specific with your question please.

Regards,

Don

i am trying on serial interfaces point to point link with HDLC protocol and OSPF enabled.

I want all my links to have equal traffic as it is recieved.and if any of the links utilization goes more than 70% then it should balnce with other links

With point to point links most like, if they are equal cost paths to your destination, load share in both directions equally rather than sending data over one when a certain threshold is met in only one direction. Can I ask why you want to do this? Most commonly this "threshold" is normally used with DDR and ISDN not with leased point to point links. If both links are terminated on the same destination routers then you might be able to use MLPP if you are interested in getting even load over both.

More information and I can try to help,

Don

yes all the links r terminated on the same router and i want the Even load on all noth even 1% should be more any of the links.Please HELP?

Check this link out on Multilink PPP that will allow you to bundle your two serial point to point links to get a better spread of utilization on both.

Configuration example (see Multilink Interfaces)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps4062/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800af9e0.html

Multilink commands:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1828/products_command_summary_chapter09186a00800ed407.html

Hope this helps you,

Don

thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card