Helpful
Replies

Question about channels on Cat6509

alex.alexander
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to find an answer to the following question:

When configuring ports on a 48 ports module as host ports, it is possible to see in the configuration at the channel section, channels that appear. This is strange since channels are set to off.

Who has an idea why it appears in the configuration after the ports are set in "channel off"?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards.

Alex

2 Replies 2

frenzeus
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Alex,

I reckon that the 6509 is running CatOS. What u actually see in the configuration under #port channel is a list of those ports in channel-grouping with their locally significant admin groups, in which u can choose to configure the admin grouping manually or have it assigned automatically by the switch (by default).

If u issue "show port channel" u will see a list of ports that are configured with port channel/etherchannel but the list doesn't include the ports that u have set to off.

If i remember correctly, a reset of the switch would clear the lines from the config of ports with channel set to off.

I have seen this too, and it seems there is nothing you can do about it. Not even a reset clears the lines. They are irrelevant if the channels are configured off, but they do provide administrative groups for you to use in case to want to switch channelling on again. just a quirk of the the CatOS UI.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg