cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question: Packet Tracer Use

Neale1993
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, sorry if this is the wrong place to send a message but couldn't find a suitable email address.

I am at current in full time education studying for a degree in Computer Networks, on the final year. For my dissertation, i have chosen to investigate routing protocols (eigrp, RIPv2, OSPF etc).

Up until July 2013, i was part of the networking academy studying for the CCENT and CCNA qualifications, and as such have a copy of packet tracer.

What i would like to know, is if it is acceptable for me to use Packet Tracer to develop the network(s) for my dissertation and aid me in describing, analysing and comparing the different options for routing protocols?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

Well, it won't write the dissertation for you, so why not.

A question like this should go to your faculty advisor.

What i would like to know, is if it is acceptable for me to use Packet Tracer to develop the network(s) for my dissertation and aid me in describing, analysing and comparing the different options for routing protocols?

C'mon, give the newbie/noobie a break!  

You have no idea how difficult it is to cut-and-paste someone else's answer and pass it to your faculty advisor as your own.  The mere act of posting their school work question(s) on the forum is wrought with difficulty and danger.  This means that the OP has to stop playing his console game, get someone (maybe an out-of-work nuclear physicist from Chernobyl) to write the opening thread above before getting his sorry azz off the couch to post this in the esteemed Cisco Support Forum.

And to Neale's question, the answer is YES.  

And Neale, if you want a more detailed response (2500 words) that will guarantee you an A+, I am willing to share you my publication (written by me, of course) for a small fee of 250 Bitcoins.  Please don't waste time as some of your classmates have already made contact.  I've already provided them with a short essay (1500) which contains lines from Homer's The Eliad and translated in Rihannsu.   (Don't worry, neither your classmates, faculty advisor nor your professor/instructor will know.  They'll all come to the same conclusion that the phrase could be the new "buzz word".)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card