cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

radius

kris.fisher83
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 CISCO Nexxus switches. One with NX-OS 5.0(3)N1(1c) and the other with 5.2(1)N1(1). Neither of these switches have current support. The issue is that the switch with the OS of NX-OS 5.0(3)N1(1c) does not work with radius via Active Directory. They have identical configurations, both have access to the radius server but it fails to login. The error that is given on the switch is “No remote AAA servers. This would mean that it cannot ping but it definitely can. The error on the radius server is “mismatched secrets”. This would mean that the password is different but it’s not and as I said, both switches are identical in configuration. I don't have support so i cannot upgrade the nx-os but I was hoping to find out if it's possible its because of the nx-os being an early version or something else?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You believe that the password is correct. The server is complaining about mismatched secrets. So the server does not agree that the password is correct. My suggestion would be to redo the configuration on the nexus, perhaps changing to a new password just to be sure that you have entered the same new password on both the nexus and the server.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Sorry, I have ensured the passwords are EXACTLY the same. I have repeatedly entered them manually on both the radius server and the switch. I am 100% positive the passwords are identical. I have even tried your suggestion of changing passwords. No password works.

It is good to know that you have already tried my suggestion, including changing to a different password. It is disappointing that it did not solve the problem. The server message seems to point to the password as the problem. But if changing the password does not solve the problem then I wonder if there is some other attribute that does not match up and the server message is misleading? Have you checked carefully everything that the server has for the client/nexus that does not work and compared it to what it has for the client/nexus that does work?

I wonder if running debug for radius on the nexus might show anything helpful?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick