cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

redistribution igrp/ospf

giamwi
Level 1
Level 1

I am doing mutual redistribution between igrp and ospf over an frame-relay cloud. I have noticed that on the router running only igrp not all of the ospf routes show up and some say "network possibly down". What is the problem?

Thanks, Meg

4 Replies 4

dsalisbury
Level 1
Level 1

IGRP only knows classful routes (A, B, or C). When you redistribute OSPF into IGRP all routes will become classful. Unless all you networks are class C's you may have problems.

giamwi
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried both the summary-address and the area xx range commands for ospf, but igrp still sees only a few of the routes. Where might the problem be?

Thanks, Meg

I have not seen your config, to me it looks like the routes that you are missing are those routes which traverse a network which is definitely not summarized or is in a different mask as from your IGRP link. Or may be you are trying to summarize Area 0 route which is not possible other than null ing it .

I bet you, if you do show ip route on the IGRP ONLY (Remote) router, the network, which all the missing routes should pass, is also not in the table.

Vikas

vkhanduri
Level 1
Level 1

And as far as network possbilby down message goes, it looks like your you have a serial interface on the remote router which is not using sub interface , hence you need to disable split horizon for what ever protocol you are using.

Vikas

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card