Views
Helpful
Replies

RIS problem accross different vlans

k.mahmood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a very strange problem. We had our old serverX box which we were using for imaging client pcs accross different vlans. We had a new HP prolient DL380 server, built it same as old one and put it on the same switch 3750, but it does not work.

We had ip helper-address for that old server in our core 6506 switches.So only the hardware has changed, the ip address is the same, all settings are same but due to some reason it does not work at all, since two weeks we are doing diferent test but feedup now.

We have tried given new static ip address for the new server and put that ip adrress in ip helper-address in 6506 but only one error we get on client that

PXE-E53 No boot file found.

Can some one advice on that issue or someone has seen this kind of problem before.

We have our DHCP server on Vlan1 with no ip helper-address list.

address list is on the rest of the vlans.

Everything still works fine with the old server, but not work with HP DL380 rack mounted server.

I could not understand, people from server team is blamming network team and I am trying to convinence them that this is server problem.

I thank you in advance for your help.

regards

Khaleefa

2 Replies 2

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

This link talks about PXE configuration: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a00800f0804.shtml#pxe

I think you can upgrade to 12.1(8b)E6 and then test your problem. It may be flushed out.

Hi,

Try to set the client ports to "spanning-tree portfast".

Regards

Anders Westermark