cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME doesn't update the config archive file

rafael.asilva
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2400 routers managed with CiscoWorks. Each time that some configuration is modified in any router, the RME shows the new config in Change Audit Report and brings up to date the configuration archive file in /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/archive/shadow/Cisco_Router.

With some routers (about 100), the CiscoWorks is not detecting changes in configuration. I change the configuration in the router and I try the “Update Archive” option in RME. The successful update message is shown, but the configuration archive is not modified.

I noted that the configuration archive file of these routers does not have the Time Stamp of the last update:

Cw2000-bash-2.02# more router.cfg

!

version 12.1

no service pad

service timestamps debug uptime

service timestamps log datetime localtime

service password-encryption

!...

But the running-config in router shows the time stamp of the last update:

router#sh run

Building configuration...

Current configuration : 6816 bytes

!

! Last configuration change at 12:05:41 EST Tue Jun 4 2002 by user

! NVRAM config last updated at 12:05:51 EST Tue Jun 4 2002 by user

!

version 12.1

no service pad

service timestamps debug uptime

service timestamps log datetime localtime

service password-encryption

!...

I tried to exclude the old archive and I tried a new update archive, but this didn’t update the archive file.

The problem is solved with “Delete Device” and “Add Device”.

PS. Server: SUN E3500 - 1Gb RAM - Solaris 5.6 - RME 3.3 + patch JAVA feb/02.

My doubt is:

1. Why didn't RME detect the configuration changes?

2. The problem is happening because the archive file does not have "TIME STAMP"?

3. Somebody knew this problem before? How it was solved?

Advices are welcome.

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Did you trying searching the CCO Bug Toolkit to see if you're running into any known issues with RME?

I found a similar reported bug: CSCdp43273 - Archive Status of Device config shows wrong results (not fixed).

We opened a TAC case about this (C767206).

Interesting: the startup configuration always is recent (today), but the running configuration has a much older date.

I've used “Delete Device” and “Add Device” workaround, but I've thought about a better workaround. How to overlap the archives in /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/archive/shadow/Cisco_Router with startup-configuration?

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card