Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Internet Traffic to different gateway using 3560G Switch

Kearle230
Level 1
Level 1

Question guys and girls?

My issue: I have installed a firewall within my network.  Currently all my clients default gateway defaults to GW:192.168.1.1. I would like all my internet traffic to route to the firewall ip 192.168.1.30.  My Primary switch ip is 192.168.1.10, which is a 3560G running 12.2(25)SEE2 IPBASE-M.

My main problem is, I do not have access to the gateway, so I am trying to route internet traffic from within my switch to the firewall. 

I have already tried Route-Map, but seems this version of the OS does not support.

I have already tried Policy-Map, but same as above.

I have also tried IP ROUT command, but it did not work either.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can make this work?  And remember, I would like to perform the routing from the switch, because I do not have access to the default gateway which is a router to perform forward internet traffic to the firewall.

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting    offers the information contained within this posting without    consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no    implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.     Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not    be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind.  Usage of    this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In    no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever  (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or  profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's  information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such  damage.

Posting

Not 100% sure, since you're doing this all on the same subnet(?), but you might try.

enable IP routing

set default route (not default gateway) to .30

Use hsrp for .1 address (on vlan interface with .10)  - with, optionally, no redirects

Sorry but the switch OS does not support this command. Any other solutions?

Hi,

Sorry but the switch OS does not support this command

Which command?

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Sorry I did not see it.. Its there.. I will try it.