Views
Helpful
Replies

Router for VPN access over DSL

will
Level 1
Level 1

Here is my situation.

I have a central site with SDSL, and several remote sites with ADSL. All have static IP addresses. What type of Cisco router would allow me to connect all of the remote sites to the central site using VPN? I would like the connection to be as transparent as possible to the machines at the remote sites (even to the point of being the same IP subnet as the central site if possible). Ideally, I would like it to appear to the internal machines as being nothing more than a bridge, and then have the routers do all the work of maintaining the VPN connection. Does Cisco offer a router, or routers, since the central site will probably need something a little more advanced to handle the multiple incoming connections, that will accomplish this task for me?

If possible, I would also like to be able to add Voice-Over-IP support to the network in the future, so a router that supported that add-on would be nice.

I have searched through Cisco's product lists, but without a fairly in-depth knowledge off their particular product lines, it is difficult to find a router that offers the particular features I am searching for.

Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

rgrcommo
Level 1
Level 1

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card