cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Upgrade

highspeedvideo
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7206 NPE-400 VXR router and I was looking into the used market to upgrade the processor blade to a NPE G1. I have seen that some of the blades are being sold with no flash memory/IOS. I assume that the blades were originally sold with an OS license of some sort. Would there be a procedure to recover the license originally sold with the system, or would I be required to purchase a new license.  If the machine is not considered licensed, does that mean the license could be transfered to another machine? IE: Would I be violating license aggreements by purchasing a non operational router of the same model, and copying the IOS over (assuming the IOS had the same feature set as the board I purchased).  I'm fairly new to the Cisco scene and would like to keep my i's dotted and t's crossed while still being economical.  My last question, is there a lookup table somewhere, so if I purchase a used router, I can verify that the software on it is legitimate?  Thank you kindly for your response.

Mike

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try the website below.  This is not a 3rd party website.  It's Cisco's own.  They offer refurbished appliance and you can easily add SmartNet for maintenance and IOS support.

Cisco Certified Refurbished Equipment

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card