cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing between Vlans and switches.

chonghwee.ng
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a Cat6509 as core and 3Com/cisco 3548 as access switches. There are 4 unit of 3Com switches and two pair of 3548XL cluster in the network with 5 router connecting to ports of Cat6509. Vlans are created on the Cat6509 ports. All my switches and routers are in one IP class.

Will there be any problem for the managing of cisco switches and routing between remote and main site? Is there any tech notes that might be of help?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

sampathsr
Level 1
Level 1

1. Managing the switches should not be a problem if all the switches have their sc0 configured to be in the same ip subnet as that of the management workstation.

2. I am not too sure I understand when you say `all switches and routers are in one ip class'? Do you mean to say that all your routers connect to your other branches with dedicated private lines (like frame relay etc)? and hence all the ethernet ports have been kept in the same class of subnet?

3. Anyway you should not have any problem of routing as long as your 6509 is doing its job of Layer3 functionality.