Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing capacilty (packet per seconds -64 byte size) for Cisco 2620

cheekong-wong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently I'm in the mid of preparing the tender for ISP but the problem is the RFP questions need some specified answer. So I would happy someone out there can help me to answer the question.

Question 1. What is the routing capacity(packet per second-64K byte size) in Cisco 2620 router?

Question 2. What is number of route supported (number) ?

Question 3. What is the maximum number of VALN (802.1Q) supported (number) for Cisco 2620?

Question 4. What is the maximum number od subinterface per Ethernet port supported (number) for the Cisco 2620 model?

Hope you guys and gals can help to answer above questions.

Thanks,

Cheers

Kenneth Wong

Network Consultant

NCSI Malaysia Sdn Bhd

e-mail :ckwong@my.ncs-i.com

Tel : 6012-3259698

URL : www.ncs.com.sg

2 Replies 2

millerv
Level 1
Level 1

1. throughput is 25k pps on a 100mb ethernet

2. thats a function of how much memory you install.

3. I have found no published figures for this, are

you intending that this router provide the layer

3 for some vlans ? Its not the most effective

design.

4. You wouild have to get this one from Cisco

Hi Millerv,

Thank for your quick respond. Just for your information the tender spec had already designed by customer consultant, and in the tender spec there have one Cisco 2950 24ports switch and one Cisco 2620 router to perform layer 3 switching and routing.

So it's doesn't shown how many memory is needed in the tender spec but as far as I know that the customer is a small ISP to provided e-community service for condominium and apartments.

For the question 2, I guess the customer need to know how much memory needed for full peering in BGP. In fact I’m totally agreed with you, these function is depend on the memory size.

For the question 3, I guess the customer wanted to used the Cisco 2620 to perform layer 3 switching and routing so do you have any ideal what is the maximum number of VALN (802.1Q) supported (number)?

For the question 4, I had gone through the Cisco web site to search for the figure, but somehow I can’t get a specified answer on it. In fact I had submitted these question to Cisco TAC team but until now I haven’t got any answer from Cisco.

Maybe you help me to channel my questions to others forum member, since you are regular forum Cisco Networking professional member and I guess someone out there may know the specified answer.

Anyway once against I thank for your help.

Note: Hoping to good news from you.

Thanks,

Cheers,

Kenneth Wong

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card