cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SMTP traffic

harris-ross
Level 1
Level 1

Please Please Please help. I am pulling my hair out!!!

My network configuration is as follows:

INTERNET – ROUTER – PIX FIREWALL – ISA SERVER – LAN

I want to route my SMTP traffic into my exchange server inside my LAN. Please NOTE that all devices are configured to NAT . If you could show me how to stop using NAT on the Router and Pix firewall I would be very grateful; because every time I stop Natting on Router or Pix I loose Internet connection. I do not need to NAT with Router or Pix because I am already NATTING with ISA SERVER .

My main problem which is to route SMTP traffic into my exchange server on my LAN. My ISP has configured my MX record as the Public IP of the WAN interface of the Router. I have checked incoming traffic on my Router and I can see SMTP traffic coming in but I am unable to forward it to my Exchange server.

Configuring the ISA server is no problem, all I need is get the traffic to my ISA server.

All I need is help on configuring Router and Pix to allow and to forward smtp traffic to inside LAN.

Please help, I have been up all night for the last 2 days but no joy, I am going crazy. I spent whole weekend installing and configuring Exchange Server 2003 and it is working because I am able to send mail internally.

Please take me through the process of disabling NAT on Router and PIX if possible and then forwarding my SMTP to LAN

Thanks for your time.

Cheers

Tony

1 Reply 1

Hello Tony,

can you post the configuration of your router ? With regard to the firewall, is the SMTP traffic getting there at all and is it being dropped/forwarded ?

Regards,

GP