Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP <set> in catalyst C3548XL

antoni.anton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've make a BIG mistake configuring a 3548-XL. I've configured all "authentication, authorization & accounting" option to validate a Telnet users from a TACACS server, but,.... the big mistake is that I've not write de sentence "tacacs-server host A.B.C.D" and I've saved running config to flash.

Now, when I telnet a switch never validates and the switch is in remote office.

My question is:

Is possible to make a SNMP-set to change this OID (tacacsServer) with an IP address? What is excatly the MIB & OID I need to write it?

I prefer to do an SNMP-set comand instead of "Standard console password recovery procedure"

Example, I want to set the server tacacs variable with a sentence like this

"snmp -o set -c private -ip 192.161.25.22 -b | enterprises...cisco.....tacacsServerAddress=192.161.25.88"

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ffurholm
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using the following procedure to change configuration on switches with IOS like this : c3500XL-c3h2s-mz-120.5-XW

First make a small configuration file on your TFTP server and name it ex. tacacs-confg. The file should only contain the lines :

tacacs-server host A.B.C.D

end

Then depending on your switch, do a snmp set to one of the following OID's :

...enterprices.cisco.local.lsystem.netConfigSet.X.X.X.X octet_string tacacs-confg

or

...enterprices.cisco.local.lsystem.hostConfigSet.X.X.X.X octet_string tacacs-confg

where X.X.X.X are the IPaddress of your TFTP-server

This should load the partial configuration into your running config.

See : //www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/SNMP/11_7910.shtml

ffur@danskebank.dk

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

I'm not aware of a MIB that will allow you to remotely add the tacacs command. Here is an smnp link that might be helpful...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/webscale/css/css_520/admgd/snmp.htm

If that does not help, your other option would be to have someone local to the router console in to make the changes.

ffurholm
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using the following procedure to change configuration on switches with IOS like this : c3500XL-c3h2s-mz-120.5-XW

First make a small configuration file on your TFTP server and name it ex. tacacs-confg. The file should only contain the lines :

tacacs-server host A.B.C.D

end

Then depending on your switch, do a snmp set to one of the following OID's :

...enterprices.cisco.local.lsystem.netConfigSet.X.X.X.X octet_string tacacs-confg

or

...enterprices.cisco.local.lsystem.hostConfigSet.X.X.X.X octet_string tacacs-confg

where X.X.X.X are the IPaddress of your TFTP-server

This should load the partial configuration into your running config.

See : //www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/SNMP/11_7910.shtml

ffur@danskebank.dk

T H A N K S ! ! ! ! It runs perfect.

I've do it with c3500XL-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC2.bin image. It runs OK

If you come to Barcelona I'll give you a BEER!!!!

I'm VERY VERY HAPPY.

Thanks for your help.

Antoni Anton

antoni.anton@itece.es

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card