cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP and Cisco 3648 Switch

adagost
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the Cisco TFTP software. I was able to make a copy of my config in the following manner:

Copy Startup-config tftp

I follow the prompt and it works. When I try to copy from the TFTP client with the following command:

copy tftp startup-config

I get the following error ..After I complete the info on Remote TFTP client and source and destination filenames

--- %error opening tftp://10.10.1.1/startup-config (timed out)---

Any advice....Thank you very much

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Check connectivity using ping with the TFTP server.

IF the above works, check the file name once more.

Check if the TFTP directory is properly set in the TFTP server software. (options)

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thank you for your response.

I am doing this through Hypertermainal directly throught the console port. The configuration is messed up and not allowing me to Telenet. I am trying to put a good copy of the config on it.

The TFTP server is set up properly because I can get the image from the switch to the directory...but not from the directory to the switch.

Is there another way to effectively edit the startup-config if I can not get it to load from the TFTP server????

Thank you very much

As in my previous post, check the TFTP file name once again, also whether for the outgoing/incoming tftp file transfer, file storage directory is the same.

Since you are accessing the switch directly through the console port, and since you are planning to put the config from TFTP, why to use TFTP. Write erase the existing configs on the switch, and open the configfile u saved on the TFTP server, using notepad, and copy and paste it.

Also I dont see a reference to Cisco 3648 switch, Is it a router or a switch ???

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus