cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Timestamp generate by RME syslog analysis report not in sync wth the syslog

d-tay
Level 1
Level 1

the timestamp in the report generated by the RME syslog analysis is not in sync wth the CSCOpx\log\syslog.log file.

I have enable the NTP. The log timestamp in the switches is in sync wth the timestamp in the RME server CSCOpx\log\syslog.log file. But when i use the syslog analysis to generate the file, the time are one day forward.

I also use the fault notification plug-in application for DFM to generate the fault history report. The timestamp is also one day forward but the time reported by the DFM monitoring console is correct.

WHy is this so. I have configured the DFM and RME server to point to a NTP server ?

Any recommendation to ensure the timestamp generated by the RME and Fault History Application are in sync wth the timestamp reported by the devices.

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/RME/rme_syslog.html has a section. Unless you already have seen this.

yes. I have done all this. The issue is that the timestamp in the RME CSCOpx\log\syslog.log has the correct timestamp, but when i use the RME syslog analysis to generate a syslog report. the timestamp in the syslog report is at least more than 10 hrs ahead which are not accurate.

Is there a workard on this or is this a bug in RME 3.4