cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access Catalyst 6000 via console/telnet

alvincdc
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to access a Cat6K via console. Ping/Telnet also not possible on the sc0 interface. But am able to access the msfc2 module. The console mode button is also pressed in. Am afraid to reset the whole box coz it might crash and and have no way in accessing it.

Anyone who has experience this problem? Appreciate all your comments....

4 Replies 4

DALE FRANCIS
Level 3
Level 3

What OS/IOS are you using..???

If CatOS then you might be in RP console mode, in which case press CTRL C three times.. if it's the IOS then remote-login.

Thanks, dafrancis! But Im am still unable to access the switch console of our Catalyst 6000. I am able to access the MSFC module of that Catalyst 6000. I believe the sc0 interface also has gone down because i cant ping it from the MSFC module. Well so far nothing serious happened and the Catalyst 6000 is running ok. Do you think reseting will be a good idea? Will the Catalyst load normally and thus gain access again the switch console?

pi-pasig-005#sh ver

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software

IOS (tm) MSFC2 Software (C6MSFC2-PSV-M), Version 12.1(7a)E1, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

TAC Support: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/ibld/view.pl?i=support

Copyright (c) 1986-2001 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Tue 08-May-01 17:07 by jamnguye

Image text-base: 0x40008980, data-base: 0x41450000

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.1(4r)E, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

BOOTFLASH: MSFC2 Software (C6MSFC2-BOOT-M), Version 12.1(7a)E1, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Well, a simple power reset had solved it. We had on standby a Cat5000 just in case the Cat6000 wont load properly. It almost cause me to lose my job...

Hi Alvin

Could you please let us know the log file contents from when you had the error because in an environment that requires 24/7 support resetting is not the solution.

Thanks and Regards

Srivatsan

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card