cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN on 6509 critical syslog traps

louis122
Level 1
Level 1

Well i am currently having 2 issues. First and correct me if im wrong but shouldnt an new MFSC (SUP Card) when inserted and it will be functioning as a secondary should syncro the current config from the primary? well in any case mine didnt so i had to tftp the config from my primary into it the problem i am hitting is once this was done i keep getting traps on the 6509 that secondary was installed about blocking and receiving bpdu's on 3 specific VLAN's i do not have the interface configured for those vlans on that specific 6509's MFSC and also i do think this is bad practice and if someone agrees with me on this then i will have to take action but currently i have 2 main trunks coming of that 6509 to 2 other 6509 shouldn't it be good practice to use my 2 gig port's on my primary sup card to trunk them instead of having 1 trunk coming from the primary and the other from the secondary sup ? ok if any one can help me out in order to clear these traps because they are showing as critical on my syslog but i am not getting user downtime so i would like to get it resolved before it becomes a bigger issue. Ok here my 2nd issue currently i have a couple cisco aironets installed in my network but currently on one of them i am getting a trap about %Vlan tag received on a non trunking port but native vlan is XX now my question is since this install was done while i was gone and the person who installed these is not here anymore should my port configured for the aironet's be configured as a trunk or an access port because heres the issue when i switch the native vlan on my interface for the aironet to the current vlan set for my aironet's cant reach device i switch it to my management vlan switch is reachable which is understandable but i have been told by some people that it shouldn't be trunked but my discrepancy here is if its not going to be trunked how does my users vlan on those aironet's get thru. Well i guess ive typed too much for my first post any help on any of these 2 issues will be greatly appreciated if you need the exact trap output i am getting just ask me and ill post it. Thank you

1 Reply 1

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

I attached the Troubleshooting guide involves as follows:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/opticsw/ps2204/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080286644.html

1. Identifying the source of the problemWhich devices, links, interfaces, hosts, or applications have the problem?

2. Locating the problem on the networkOn what VLAN, subnet, or segment is the problem occurring?

3. Comparing current network performance against an established baselineIs the performance better or worse?

4. Finding out when the problem startedWhen did you first see the problem? Is it recurring?

5. Determining the extent of the problemHow widespread is the problem? Is it getting worse?