cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan Trunking between Switch 2950 and 3COM 4226T

jorrala
Level 1
Level 1

He estado haciendo pruebas conectando un switch Cisco Catalyst 2950 con un 3COM 4226T, en el cisco he configurado el puerto de enlace como Trunk con encapsultation 802.1q y el puerto del 3COM esta como tagged de las dos vlan que estoy usando por el momento (vlan 1, vlan 50), configure un puerto del 3COM para una workstation de la vlan 50 pero no logro conexion con la red, el equipo que se encarga de rutear la vlan es un Catalyst 3550, en el 2950 puede asignar cualquier puerto a la vlan 50 sin ningún inconveniente, pero no asi en el 3COM

4 Replies 4

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

We will appreciate if you can post your quesry in simple english.

Regards,

Ankur

I have 3COM switch connected to Cisco switch Catalyst 2950 through 802.1q trunk.

Configuration link port Cisco 2950

interface GigaEthernet0/1

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

Configuration link port 3COM

Port 26

vlan ID Tagget

50 26

I am using for the moment vlan 1 and vlan 50, configure a port of the 3COM for a workstation of the vlan 50 but I did not obtain conexion with the network, in the 2950 can assign any port to the vlan 50 without problem.

HI,

What I understand is that the workstation on vlan 50 on 3com switch is not able to talk to other workstations in vlan 50 in the network right?

Does the other workstations are on 2950 switch? Or you are not able to communicate between workstation on vlan 50 on 3 com switch itslef?

By this we can get a clear picture that the problem is with the trunk between the switches or the way you are configuring 3 com switch is the problem.

Can you also post "sh int gig0/1 switchport" from your 2950 switch.

Regards,

Ankur

Thanks, Ankur

The problem was resolved.The 3COM switch needed to have configured gateway.

Regards,

Jessica

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card