Views
Helpful
Replies

WAVE 7541 - System Fault LED is on - No alarms on system

Jacob-Harris
Level 1
Level 1

Community,

Just opened a WAVE 7541 and placed a config on it.  I was all set to deploy it when I noticed the System Fault LED on.

I've checked out the show alarms and show alarms history (after a fresh reboot), and all is good (no alarms).  Power supplies are good, memory is correct.  I'm stumped.  Anyone know why the LED won't turn off?

I have a TAC case open on this and will post the solution if we find one.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Community,

Just opened a WAVE 7541 and placed a config on it.  I was all set to deploy it when I noticed the System Fault LED on.

I've checked out the show alarms and show alarms history (after a fresh reboot), and all is good (no alarms).  Power supplies are good, memory is correct.  I'm stumped.  Anyone know why the LED won't turn off?

I have a TAC case open on this and will post the solution if we find one.

Thanks,

Hi Jacob,

If system fault LED is on , system has discovered some fault. Check out the below link from cisco for more details

Troubleshooting system Hardware

Hope it Helps.

-GI

GI,

Thanks for the share! I've been through that document at least twice.. no luck.  Everything on the system checks out clean, no alarms in a show alarm or show alarm history.  A peer of mine mentioned he'd seen this before, and there was a hidden command needed to clear the LED?? 

Waiting on TAC to figure it out.

Thanks!