Views
Helpful
Replies

What does TAC do?

aboshofli
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know what kind of help the CISCO TAC team provides to their customers? Do they troubleshoot routing protocols (OSPF, RIP, BGP etc) and Vlans, etherchannel etc or do they deal mainly with replacing parts?

I need to know for my university project as I have mentioned CISCO.

Thanks!

Abo

6 Replies 6

Hello

yes they do provide technical assistance and to quote cisco

"
For all customers, partners, resellers, and distributors who hold valid Cisco service contracts, Cisco Technical Support provides 24-hour-a-day, award-winning technical assistance. The Cisco Technical Support Website provides online documents and tools for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues with Cisco products and technologies. The website remains available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at this URL"

http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Abo,

YEs we provide complete Hardware and Software support for everything which Cisco sells to Customer.

Eg:

Hardware fix.

Software support for IOS, Routing protocols, Switching Technology, content,  Voice, etc...

HTH

Regards

Inayath

Inayath,

Email sent.

Leo, didnt recieve it....

Inayath,

PM sent instead. 

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

The TAC stands for Technical Assistance center. It provides complete hardware, software, Planning and troubleshooting services to those cisco customers who is registered with Cisco Service contract.

For more detail you can check the following Link

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/support/index.html#~shp_product

For opening case with cisco TAC you can email on tac@cisco.com