cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

will this work

axfalk
Level 1
Level 1

We're in a switched environment, with a couple of Cat-6506's with MSFC's in the core and four daisy-chained Cat-2980's on the access per floor (we have a total of 11 floors). The first Cat-2980 is fiber patched into the first Cat-6506 using the etherchannel trunks and the last Cat-2980 is patched into the other Cat-6506. All the servers are patched into the core switches as well. Each floor is on its own Vlan and so is the core.

We have to emulate a disaster recovery and access the servers located off site from our building using a point-to-point T1 circuit. The trick is, however, to use the production addresses for the workstations in our building. So, I was thinking of NATing the servers' address that are off site using a router that would be placed between the workstations and the Cat-2980 switches that would be NATing the servers' addresses using the "ip nat outside source static" command. I would also use a static route to point the NATed packets to the T1 circuit.

Can anybody please let me know is there's any fallacy in this set-up?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Hello,

your setup sounds good, since you do not want to bridge over the T1 link, NAT is a viable option...

Regards,

Georg

Thanks for your response. Do you think I need a separate VLAN for the workstations in our building?

thanks again

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card