cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 2000 and 6509 w/MSFC

bcmchenry
Level 1
Level 1

I am just getting started with Cisco products in depth and have run into a wall with something. I currently have a 250+ user network, 2 subnets and a 6509 switch with MSFC module, fiber between buildings with 3500XL switchs on those ends. I have just set up Ghost Multicast Server on a Windows 2000 box and have successfully configured the 6509 to multicast between subnets and Vlans. I cannot, however, see my 2000 box in Windows from the other subnet. I enabled ip forward-protocol udp netbios-ss on the 6509 but didn't help any. I could use some suggestions. I am not up to par in windows 2000 networking, my main server is a Novell 5.1 for which I have tons of experience and certifications in. This is my first attempt at a 2000 box. Thanks...

Brandon

4 Replies 4

bsivasub
Level 4
Level 4

removed---

????? Why removed?

I removed it because, my update was irrelevant to your question. I re-read your question and had to remove my update. :)

cverheij
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know what you meen by "I cannot see my 2000 box in Windows", but if you can connect to your 2000 box from the other subnet by IP-addressing and you just don't see the box in your network environment it has perhabs something to do with WINS. Make sure the systems connect to the same WINS-server or insert static entries.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card