Views
Helpful
Replies

Arrow key probelm to retrieve previous command

zillah2004
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have got problem, I have got in my lab two routers 2620 , and more than one computers,Which are IBM P4 NetVista (All PCs are same),,when I connect one PC to one of the router and the other PC to another router,,and I tried to use up arrow key (to retrieve previous command),with one router it worked fine, and with other router it repeat the command for me but it append character (@) at the end of the command, and it gave me output with waiting me to press enter key!!!!!

7 Replies 7

Hello,

are you using TELNET or the console port to connect to the routers ?

You might want to try and install the latest version of Hyperterminal, here is the link:

HyperTerminal Private Edition

http://www.hilgraeve.com/htpe/index.html

Regards,

GP

Thanks GP for your advice,,I am using Hyperterminal via console port,,,I will try your advice and I will let you know,,,,Do you think version of ISO might cause problem?

Hello,

the keystrokes are, to my best knowledge, independent of the IOS...

Regards,

GP

yuvalba
Level 1
Level 1

I know this problem from HyperTerm

I would recommend using Tera Term

nsysblh
Level 1
Level 1

^P (Control P) will also retrieve the last command

Control P is certainly a workaround and will retreive the command.

I believe that Georg is correct in his theory of the problem. I have seen situations where certain PCs did not work correctly with the arrow keys. And they exhibit the error when connected to different routers while another PC connected to the same routers does fine with the arrow keys. It seemed to be a result of the particular implementation of Hyperterm. It is not dependent of the version of IOS. I believe that upgrading to the current implementation of Hyperterm will fix this. (Or Tera Term or one of several other terminal emulators are possibilities).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for all of you, I will try , and I will let you know

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card