Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Upgrade /Install

bsciadmin01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are running CiscoWorks LMS 2.2 on Windows 2000 SP3. I am hoping to upgrade this with SP4.

We want to re-install CW or perform a 'clean' install on same machine. I have backed up the Ciscoworks Database, just in case.

Is it recommended to remove the original Ciscoworks components, or simply install over what's already there?

the upgrade patch seems fairly involved. Is there a flowchart, for example, which outlines what software versions/patches are required, in simple terms?

Thanks,

Mark Tohill

BSCI

3 Replies 3

minie
Level 4
Level 4

It is recommended that you uninstall CW cleanly and reinstall a clean copy. Do CW backup before you uninstall.

You can take this path when reinstall.

new install of CW compoments -> upgrade to RME/CM IDU 5.0 -> install LMS update 1(which includes CS SP 2) -> install latest IDU for RME/CM which is 9.0

Thanks for your reply Mingzhou.

"new install of CW components" - do I need to install thses components in any particular order?

I assume I would need to install SP$ before any new install?

I have backed up the CW database via the GUI. Will it be possible to restore this info after a new install, as alot of configuration for out network has been performed already?

Also, is there any way of confirming that the backup was completed properly. The GUI did not come back to say the operation was complete, yet there are sizeable .zip files, for example in the target directory I specified.

Thanks again,

Mark.

Yes, you need to install SP4 before new install. The CW install order is CS -> RME -> everything else order does not matter.