cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW2K user maps

dan102877
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to copy someone elses topology map, and use it as your own? I have my map set up all nice under my user name, but i am wondering if there is a way to somehow use the same map under a guest account?

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

You can, but it is not supported.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, as noted it's not supported, but I posted the following on 29 June 2004:

Each user's Campus Manager map is stored under their own subdirectory in the program installation location (C:\Program Files\CSCOpx in Windows or \opt\cscopx in Unix installations). Within the appropriate location, look under \campus\etc\users. Each user has a *.xml file that stores their map layout. If you copy the administrator's *.xml file to the other users' directories, they will at least start from the same map as you. They will still be able to customize it / mess it up to their hearts' content unless you lock the file permissions (windows) or chown (unix) it. Depending on how much you want them to always see the admin-created map - you could even make a cron job to sync up your master at some periodicity.

How do I go about setting the permissions for the individual maps? We have a guest map that our "help desk" uses, but i do not want them to be able to change the map.