Level 1

how do i add route in switch 3650 ?

gv commands & mode

7 Replies 7

leonvd79
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I assume your talking about static routes here. Say we want to forward traffic for 172.16.0.0/16 throug gateway 10.32.0.245.

The configuration would be:

conf t

ip route 172.16.0.0 255.255.0.0 10.32.0.254

end

Verify your route

sh ip route 172.16.0.0

HTH

--Leon

* Please rate posts.

Hi Friend,

Make sure you enable "ip routing" on global config mode.

Regards,

Ankur

Dear Ankur

does every switch support this command b'se I have listerned that EMI Switch support this and for SMI we need IOS version such that it support this command

Kindly Guide

Regards

Mahesh

Hi Mahesh,

ALL layer 3 switches like 3550 and above support basic routing so "ip routing" command will be supported no matter it is SMI or EMI.

Yes SMI only suppor tbasic routing like intervlan routing, static routes and rip but if you want ospf , bgp and other davance stuff you need to have EMI.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Ankur

I agree

But i have SMI switch and still it supports ospf

see attachment

waiting for reply

Regards!!!

Mahesh

Hi Mahesh,

Though the model you are having is SMI but the image which you are running is EMI image which is possible if you upgrade your SMi switch with EMI lisence and that is the reason it supports OSPF.

If you check your image it is "c3550-i5q" so check the number "5" which states its an EMI image.

Check these lines from 3550 release notes

"You can use the show version privileged EXEC command to see the software version that is running on your switch. The second line displays C3550-I5Q3L2 for the enhanced multilayer software image (EMI) or C3550-I9Q3L2 for the standard multilayer software image (SMI)."

HTH

Ankur

thanks ankur

now it is very clear to me

regards

mahesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco