Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter-Connecting two Seperate OSPF Networks

stowellp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to connect two seperate company networks due to a merger. The companies will be linked via two point-to-point links to provide resiliency and both run OSPF with the same process-id. The problem I have with connecting both networks on area 0 is that there are overlapping networks, so I need to control the routes that are advertised at each end.

Should I run a different routing protocol (BGP) on the p2p links and redistribute into OSPF controlling the networks advertiseed by route maps and prefix lists, or is there a simpler way.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Phil

2 Replies 2

mkannan_29
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you share the topology diagram for the interconnectivity.

Regards,

M.K

Majed Saeed
Level 1
Level 1

hi sir ,

on mentioned scenario , it propably send all reoutes between two links , bcz both are in same area

what can you do is configure one of site as difference area suppose is area 1 , then do this area as totally stub area . and this will work only in cisco devices ... because it is proprieatry .

based on that router who will be in area 1 will be injected default route to the connected site .

rgds

majed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco