cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing - AS path prepend based on destination network

prestigio391
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team is possible some way prepend AS path to route based on destination network ? or AS ? Ilocal preference is for icncoming, prepend for outgoing subnets.But when i prepend ASpath to my LAN is goes for everyone. But i want filter it onlu for one destination ASpath or subnet. It is possible ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello
If i understand you correctly you wish to advertise certain lan prefixes via as-prepending to only a specific external ASN that is not directly connected to your local ASN but is reachable via transit ASNs?  if so as far as I am aware you cannot do this, but you can perform it to directly attached external ASN peers which will then iif set to do so advertise your prefixes and attached pre-pending to their peers

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello
If i understand you correctly you wish to advertise certain lan prefixes via as-prepending to only a specific external ASN that is not directly connected to your local ASN but is reachable via transit ASNs?  if so as far as I am aware you cannot do this, but you can perform it to directly attached external ASN peers which will then iif set to do so advertise your prefixes and attached pre-pending to their peers

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Ok so it is not possible....i ll do it another way... thank you for answer

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card