Views
Helpful
Replies

3005 and Linksys

nhannalla
Level 1
Level 1

I have client with cable modem and linksys

Only one pc can connect to vpn 3005 behind linksys which is the first one I installed the vpn client v 3.5 all other receive this error message

" Exceeded 3 IKE SA negotiation retransmits .. peer is not responding " the client IPSec LogViewer

" Duplicated first packet detected " 3005 event log

any idea

thanks

5 Replies 5

ptuttle
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into this exact same problem a couple of weeks ago. After searching the Linksys web site, I found that the Linksys 4 port router I was using only supports a single IPSEC client to pass through at a time.

After searching somemore I found a code upgrade for the Linksys that is suppose to fix this. I have not been back to try it.

-pat

Same problem here also, the Lynksys doesn't do PAT very well at all. I heard that the newest firmware enables 4 devies with IPSEC but I have not tested it.... you can use a Cisco 806 and it will support as many clients as you need with IPSEC.

I have FBEFSR81 with 8-Port Switch and Firmware Date : 11/7/2001

Only one IPSec connection if someone else try to connect this will disconnect the previous conncection

zinio
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, this is a limitation of the linksys unit, as you will find posted on linksys's site.

-sb

dpmichaud
Level 1
Level 1

It only supports one vpn connection, new linksys will support more.