cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access-list command unsupported in FWSM 2.2(1)

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Netpros

I am facing a strange problem with one of my FWSM installed in my spare 7609 box.

I do have a FWSM installed in the live production network in which the access-list shows supported and i am able to configure them up ,but in the spare box i am unable to do so when i issue ? to get the supported command it doesnt either show up the accees-list command.

Both the boxes are running up with 2.2(1) and on different 7609 boxes.

Basically i want to get the CLI or the features tested up in my spare box before going on and implementing the same on the live production network.

I have herewith attached both the show version and also the supporting docs.

Pls do help to find out where i m missing somehting out here :-(.

regds

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your spare module is configured in "multiple context" mode, where you can create up to 100 logical firewalls within the one FWSM. In this mode, when you session into the FWSM you enter into what's called the system context in which all you can do is define the other contexts. In the system context there is no concept of access-lists or anything like that, and that is why you can't see those commands from where you are.

You want to put the FWSM back into single context mode by issuing the command:

mode single

Reboot and then when it comes back up you'll be good to go.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your spare module is configured in "multiple context" mode, where you can create up to 100 logical firewalls within the one FWSM. In this mode, when you session into the FWSM you enter into what's called the system context in which all you can do is define the other contexts. In the system context there is no concept of access-lists or anything like that, and that is why you can't see those commands from where you are.

You want to put the FWSM back into single context mode by issuing the command:

mode single

Reboot and then when it comes back up you'll be good to go.

Hi Glen

Thx for the help.

It has resolved my issue after the changing the context mode..

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: